An important feature here is the ‘contract’ between the manager/sponsor and myself on what the possible outcomes may be – before embarking on a confidential journey with the potential coachee. It is essential to agree kpi’s at this stage.
Examples of goals to achieve with the coachee could be…
- to meet x challenge within xxx weeks.
- to adapt to or bring about a certain change.
- to find a way of retaining the talented individual, or a route to a solution.
- improve relationships between the coachee and their team, and for them to recognise how they affect others.
- learn to ‘manage the politics’ and be resilient.
- To consider providing Career Coaching.
Roger (Self Employed / Charity sector – International Coach / Consultant)